Mar 12, 2012

Before and After Monday

NOTE: I did not take this photo. I just did the editing.

Whoever has read my "About Me" page knows that I started editing photos long before I was taking them. This is one I just finished for this couple. The groom was a little behind the bride, which made him look shorter. They also wanted to be more centered in the photo. There were quite a few things that I couldn't get perfect because of all the converging lines and shadows, but hopefully it's not too noticeable without looking at the before.

I'm sure there are professionals that could do a lot better, but I learned Photoshop the same way I'm learning photography. I've never taken a single class or read a single book. I just went in and pushed every button until I figured out what it did.

The After

The Before

5 comments:

  1. Hienosti olet onnistunut.
    On mielestäni aivan täydellinen.
    Minkäänlaisia 'siirtymiä' ei ole havaittavissa.
    Vaikea olisi minulle. Photoshop on oppiaineenani ollut jo yli 10-vuotta.
    En taida sitä koskaan oppiakkaan...!
    Terveisin Eko

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great to me. I am happy to meet someone else who is self-taught. My textbook is the internet, and I have purchased a few books by Scott Kelby, but other than that it is trial and error, and pure curiosity. My goal is to have minimal post-correcting. I enjoy your HDR and have yet to take the time myself -- tripod, multiple exposures . . . One day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure yet how you did it, but excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooooo cool...I'm impressed! I have all these intentions of reading the books on how to get things done but like pushing the buttons so much better.

    ReplyDelete