Apr 25, 2012

Return to the Old Factory

I have several photos on here from a few old factories and warehouses. This is from the first one I ever went to just after I got into photography a few months ago. I heard they might be tearing it down so I wanted to go back while I still had the chance. It's the weirdest feeling being there. It's right in the middle of a town, but it feels like I'm the last person on Earth. It's like something from a post-apocalyptic movie. Literally, the only sound is the wind blowing between the buildings, and the occasional bird. It's so quiet that the sound of a bird taking off when you get too close is enough to make you jump. I have several pictures from there that I'll be posting periodically over the next week or two.

If you believe in ghosts, I have something a little freaky that happened while I was there, and if you don't maybe you have an explanation of what could have happened. I'll share that story along with the photo of the room it happened in soon.

6 comments:

  1. I do believe in ghosts! I can't wait to hear your story. That picture is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like this photo! (Can't wait to hear that ghost story, on such a places I would be more afraid of crazy homeless people trying to steal my camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm up for a good ghost story! And I love this particular backdrop for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shot! Love a good ghost story also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool...can't wait for the story! I get the same feelings when I visit Fort Hancock...an historical fort located on Sandy Hook, NJ. I NEVER go alone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pic; I'll be back for the ghost story!

    ReplyDelete