Feb 7, 2013

Old Mill Artists

I was driving to a shoot the other day, and passed this old mill just as I've done many times before. This time, however, I noticed a bunch of people standing around outside in odd places. As I looked closer I saw that they were artists painting the mill. I thought to myself "that would be a pretty cool picture", but kept driving since I was already running late. About a half mile down the road I slammed on brakes and whipped the car around. I jumped out, took a few shots of a couple of the ladies, then ran back to the car. 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Good for you for turning around! We so often don't, then so wish we had.
    Your captures are wonderful.. they tell a lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...stop and turn around! I yet to regret pulling over to the side of the road and making that illegal u-turn to get a shot...LOL These are wonderful and that mill is something else. Clinton, NJ has a mill that has been featured many times and I've been there to photograph but not for HDR. Now I may have to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first saw your photos, I thought they were paintings.I love the soft tones in these shots.


    Your photos of the old mill and the two artists, are great,showing two different ways of expressing art.
    When I first saw your photos, I thought they were paintings.I love the soft tones in these shots, and am pleased you turned around to capture a wonderful moment.
    Cheers.


    ReplyDelete
  4. Great images! Old mills are lovely, and I wish I were there with the artists :)) Arianna

    ReplyDelete